Kapsalon Rebecca
$1.75 US
$1.95 CAN
Kapsalon Rebecca
Koestraat 17, 9820 Merelbeke

FAQ     Zoeken     Gebruikerslijst     Gebruikersgroepen     Registreren  
  Profiel     Log in om je privéberichten te bekijken     Inloggen  

Danny Wright: Just to break the ice, because of our namesake

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Kapsalon Rebecca -> Contactgegevens!
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 26-06-2019 02:09:33    Onderwerp: Danny Wright: Just to break the ice, because of our namesake Reageren met citaat

Danny Wright: Just to break the ice, because of our namesake we like to ask everyone who comes in – can you go BarDown?Clint Malarchuk: Yes I can… yes I can. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys .DW: Was goaltender the position you always wanted to play?CM: Yes. My dad was a goalie and so was my brother, whos seven years older. When we would go to the rink to watch my brother play, the seven year gap was like, yknow, thats big brother out there. It was definitely what I wanted to play. They kind of held me back out of goal until I could learn to skate, because they said that was important. So I played forward and defense when I was really young. I think I started playing goal when I was nine.DW: Is it true your farm is called ‘Canuck Ranch?CM: Yes, yes it is. A lot of people when they come in – we have a big sign that says Canuck Ranch – they dont know what a Canuck is. Its like a Yankee in the states, its just a slang term, and they go “oh we get it.” Its our slang for Yankee, yknow, Canadian.DW: Youve been known to be passionate about both hockey and horses - where did your love of horses begin?CM: Grande Prairie, Alberta. I had a cousin who married into a ranching family, just a huge family that had 500 head of cattle, diary, and pigs. Thats where I got the love of the horse.DW: If you could compare yourself to one athlete, past or present, in the way you prepared yourself and the work ethic you had, which athlete would you choose?CM: Ill say Willie de Wit. Hes from Grande Prairie! He was a silver medalist in the Olympics in boxing.DW: Probably the most violent incident hockey has ever seen, in 1989 during a game a skate blade slashed your carotid artery – is it fair to say Jim Pizzutelli, the Buffalo Sabres trainer, saved your life that day?CM: Yes, thats a fair statement. I think more because he was so calm. A lot of people are trained for trauma, but theres not preparation for trauma when its under the gun and youve got minutes between life and death. He was a Vietnam vet so hed seen some crap, so for him to be that calm probably saved my life. #502546465 / gettyimages.com DW: Theres an interview with you on YouTube a few weeks after the accident where youre saying how anxious you were to get back on the ice; do you regret returning to the NHL as fast as you did?CM: No, I think the longer you wait the harder it gets. I think your personality dictates that too. I know [Richard] Zednik took a lot longer than I did, but everybodys different. For me it was the right thing to do. My only regret is later on I found how much it affected me mentally, and counseling or some sort of therapy probably would have helped me. #85708975 / gettyimages.com DW: Youve obviously been through a lot in your life, how difficult was it to recount those certain moments, and relive them in a way, while writing the book?CM: It was awful. Going through it again… it was a very difficult project. Someone just asked me this morning if talking about it or reliving it again was hard, and I knew when I was finishing the book; the last day of editing I was talking to Dan Robson my writer, and I was in the barn and just started crying. I was just thanking god that everything was done. And now this part is actually fun. The book is done, what I said is in it and I cant change it. Actually talking about it is not nearly as tough, this is kind of fun now.DW: Do you think the NHL is doing enough to help players when in comes to the issue of mental health and mental illness?CM: I dont think its the NHL, I think its society in general that has to do more about mental health awareness. Bell is probably the biggest corporation doing the most with mental health. The program Lets Talk nationwide is extensive and high profile, with high profile people involved. Its really what we need. To me theyre [Bell] at the forefront leading what everybody else has to pick up on. The NHL, NFL, NBA and even including corporations worldwide need to pick up on this. The statistics are unbelievable on days lost in the workforce due to mental health reasons. If corporations looked at those numbers, theyd figure out they need to do something here. Its a win-win if we get going on this. Its no different than physical health, if youve got cancer or a medical problem where youre going to miss work you would tell your boss. If you have a mental health problem you dont go to your boss. But if the company saw those numbers they would say, “hey, if you have problems like that, just come to us, its totally confidential, and well get you some help” because lets face it business is about money. Having people out of work is probably losing companies money. If there can be preventative medicine, they would do it. #56673885 / gettyimages.com DW: It takes a lot of courage to write a book like ‘The Crazy Game, and I think its going to help a lot of people - is there any final words you want to give readers before they open the book?CM: The feedback that Ive had so far, I mean, the book is out in bookstores today, but the media has had advance copies and the feedback tells me its very open, honest and raw. Talk about BarDown, this is bare down. Be prepared. There are parts that youre going to read in the book and youre going to think I was probably a jerk. I was acting like one for sure, but that was part of the illness. I would just say be prepared for some real honest, and its a little bit raw. Cheap Rangers Jerseys China . -- The Chicago Bears agreed Tuesday to a one-year contract with defensive lineman Israel Idonije and are bringing him back for a second stint. Cheap Adidas Rangers Jerseys .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. http://www.cheapnewyorkrangersjerseys.com/ . Coetzees finish, with six birdies and no bogeys, took him to 19-under 268 overall and past South African compatriots Thomas Aiken and Justin Walters, the overnight co-leaders. Coetzee was flawless on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club to clinch his maiden title after 24 top 10 finishes.James Ihedigbo is a Detroit Lion, this according to his Twitter account. The former Baltimore Ravens safety tweeted he has agreed to a deal with the Lions. Its Agreed upon! Im a @DetroitLionsNFL Im excited for whats ahead and helping this team achieve greatness!!! #HeartOfALion #LionsNation — DIGGZ32 (@JamesIhedigbo) March 25, 2014 The 30-year-oold spent the past two seasons with the Ravens, racking up 101 combined tackles and three interceptions last year. Wholesale Rangers Jerseys. In six seasons spent with the Ravens, New England Patriots, and New York Jets, Ihedigbo has 244 combined tackles and three interceptions. Hell replace Louis Delmas whom the Lions released earlier this off-season. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Kapsalon Rebecca -> Contactgegevens!

Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: